Manuka Honey Facial: The Basics
Manuka honey facials have been used in skincare treatments in recent months as a revolutionary yet basic and effective approach in helping heal skin and replenish moisture and nutrients within the epidermis.
Manuka honey is a rare honey that is cultivated exclusively from the Manuka tree (also known as Tea Tree) in New Zealand. This special tree is native only to New Zealand and parts of Australia. Manuka honey is harvested by European bees that pollinate and feast on the nectar of the Manuka tree who then cultivate this exceptional blend of honey found nowhere else in the world.
Mindbodygreen.com has published a Manuka honey skincare how-to that is sure to get you obsessed with Manuka honey and its vast skincare benefits:
Whether you’re new to natural beauty or have been eschewing parabens for the last decade, investing in a high-quality Manuka honey is always a good idea. Aside from its numerous health benefits, genuine Manuka honey contains active compounds that are healing, hydrating, brightening, and anti-inflammatory—all the things your skin wants!
Manuka honey is moisture rich and chock full of antibacterial compounds and anti-inflammatory plant antioxidants that help treat acne, redness, dryness, and irritation. The tea tree derivatives found in Manuka honey are excellent healing elixirs that will treat many skin conditions while protecting and enhancing the skin’s moisture barrier.
The Basic Elite Beauty Manuka Honey Facial
- Mix a generous glob of Manuka honey with 2-3 tablespoons of hot water in stainless steel or rubber bowl to achieve workable consistency
- Prep the skin by washing thoroughly, exfoliating, and toning. Apply hot towel for 5 minutes to dampen and steam face and open pores. Gently pat skin dry
- Take wooden spatula and spread honey from chin working your way up your cheeks to your temples to just below the hairline. Pay special attention to the nose area and creases if you need help with clogs and blackheads
- Let stand on skin for up to 20 minutes
- Rinse thoroughly with warm water and dry. Follow with toner and moisturizer
The good news is our on-site esthetician presented us with this yummy Manuka honey facial treatment. Make sure you try it and let us know in the comments below how it works for you!